The Squadron – Privacy Notice
Last updated on April 11, 2023
This Privacy Notice describes the information collection, use, retention and sharing practices of The Squadron (“The Squadron”, “we”, “us”, “our”) when you interact with us through our website, www.thesquadron.com (the “Website”), or our flight simulator (collectively, the “Services”).
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT, WHY AND FOR HOW LONG
We collect personal information, which is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, to you, when you:
▪ Contact us via the Website. When you contact us through the Website, for example, to submit questions regarding our flight training experiences, we collect, from you, your personal identifiers (first and last name, email address, and telephone number). We use this personal information to respond to your questions or inquiries, troubleshoot where necessary, and address any issues you have with the Services.
▪ Make a purchase. When you make a purchase on our Website, we collect, from you or from our third party payment processor, your personal identifiers (first and last name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and date of birth (if provided)) and your sensitive financial information (credit or debit card number, CVV, and expiration date). We use this information to process your payment for the requested product or service, fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and returns or exchanges. If you choose to opt-in to our mailing list, we will send you company news and other related product or service information that may be of interest to you. You can opt-out of email marketing communications at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link included in the email you receive from us. Please note we will continue to send you messages that are necessary to perform the Services
▪ Reserve a flight training experience. When you reserve a flight training experience on our Website, we collect, from you, your personal identifiers (first and last name, email address, telephone number) and any additional information you choose to provide in your message. We use this information to fulfill your reservation request and to communicate with you about your reservation.
▪ Purchase a gift card. When you purchase a gift card on our Website, we collect, from you or from our third party payment processor, your personal identifiers (name, email address, telephone number, physical address, and date of birth (if provided)), and your sensitive financial information (credit or debit card number, CVV, and expiration date). We also collect, from you, the personal identifiers (first and last name, email address) associated with the recipient of the gift card. We use this information to process your payment for the requested gift card, fulfill and manage your purchases, and to email the recipient of the gift card with instructions on how they can use the gift card.
▪ Visit our facility. When you visit our facility, we collect, from you, your personal identifiers (first and last name, email address, and telephone number). We also collect your visual information (video recording) though our video surveillance cameras.
Participate in a flight training experience. When you participate in a flight training experience, we collect, from you, your visual information (video recording and photographs) and audio information (recording of your voice). We use this information to send you photographs and videos of your flight training experience via email. Included in the email you receive are instructions regarding how to download your photographs and videos along with the time period in which they are available for download. We do not use this footage for any other purposes and do not share is with any third party [other than the provider of the photography services] We delete the footage within fourteen (14) days.
Sign up for our newsletter. When you sign up to receive our newsletter, we collect, from you, your personal identifiers (first and last name, email address). We use this personal information to send you updates, news, and special offers as requested. You may unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “unsubscribe” link included with each email you receive from us. However, we will continue to send you service-related messages. Our emails include a tracking pixel that tracks whether you open the email and whether you click banners in the email and your subsequent clicks and usage of our Website. We use this personal information to send you additional email communications which may be of interest to you, as based on your interaction with our emails and/or Website. You can avoid downloading the pixel by rejecting the download of images in the email.
▪ Interact with us at in-person promotional events. When you interact with us at in-person promotional events (e.g., trade shows, etc.), we collect, from you, your personal identifiers (first and last name, email address, and telephone number. We use this information to send you email communications, updates, news, and special offers.
● Fan Pages. When interacting with our Fan Pages, we collect, from you, your personal identifiers (first and last name and profile picture) as well as any information that you provide when interacting with our Fan Pages (e.g. commenting, sharing and rating). We use this information to advertise our products, for events and invitations, and to communicate with users via the contribution and comment function.
Because our Fan Pages are publicly accessible, when you use them to interact with other users, for example by posting, leaving comments or liking or sharing posts, any personal information that you post in them or provide when registering can be viewed by others or used by them as they see fit.
The content posted on our Fan Pages or other public areas of social networking websites can be deleted in the same way as other content that you have created. If at any time you want content posted to be deleted, please email your request to [email protected].
● Community Management. With the help of a third party, we collect, from you, your contact, including “likes”, shares, messages and other interactions with the content, in order to analyze and evaluate how our content is perceived, to learn from it, and to improve our public relations efforts. We use this information to create advertisements that match our Fan Page and to disseminate them via Facebook based on demographic data.
● Facebook Page Insights. When you visit our Facebook Fan Page, Facebook records your IP address and other information about your usage behavior on our Facebook Fan Page. Facebook collects, through trackers in the browser of your device or via the advertising ID (IDFA from Apple or GAID from Google), when you open the Facebook app through your mobile device (e.g. smartphone or tablet). Facebook uses this information to create statistical evaluations for us of the use of the Fan Page. We receive this information, from Facebook, in the form of aggregated data and anonymous statistics regarding things like: age, gender, city/country, device, inquiries from fans about other Facebook fan pages, region and language settings of the users, proportion of men and women, the number of people reached, clicks on posts, “Likes” and reactions, comments and shared content, and total video views. We do not collect or process any other personal data in connection with the page insights.
● Information Processed Solely by Facebook. We do not know how Facebook uses personal information for its own purposes, how long the personal information is stored on Facebook or whether Facebook data is passed on to third parties.
If you are currently logged in to Facebook as a user, Facebook automatically collects, through trackers on your device, your Facebook ID or a link between the Facebook ID and the advertising ID (IDFA from Apple or GAID from Google) when you open the Facebook app through your mobile device (e.g. smartphone or tablet). This enables Facebook to understand that you have visited our Facebook Fan Page along with other Facebook pages that you have clicked on, whether you clicked on Facebook buttons integrated into websites that partner with Facebook, and other online interactions that report user data to Facebook. Based on this data, content or advertising tailored to you can be offered.
▪ Aggregate data. We aggregate the data we collect for benchmarking purposes and for internal analytics.
▪ Interact with the Services. In addition to the personal information you provide directly to us, we also collect information from you automatically as you use our Services via “cookies” and similar tracking technologies (including through the use of pixel tags). This includes the following internet or other electronic network activity information.
▪ Google Tag Manager. Google Tag Manager is a tag management system to manage tags used for tracking and analytics on our Website. Tags are small code elements that, among other things, are used to manage traffic and visitor behavior and to test and optimize websites. We utilize Google Tag Manager to manage and organize all third-party tags on our Website and to control when those tags are triggered. You can view more information about Google Tag Manager’s privacy practices here.
The Squadron will also use the personal information we collect as described in this section to comply with the law, to efficiently maintain our business, and for other limited circumstances as described in HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Squadron shares personal information in the following instances:
● In the event of a corporate reorganization. In the event that we enter into, or intend to enter into, a transaction that alters the structure of our business, such as a reorganization, merger, acquisition, sale, joint venture, assignment, consolidation, transfer, change of control, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, we would share personal information with third parties, including the buyer or target (and their agents and advisors) for the purpose of facilitating and completing the transaction. We will also share personal information with third parties if we undergo bankruptcy or liquidation, in the course of such proceedings.
● With third parties. We may need to disclose your personal information to third parties, such as auditors or legal advisors to protect our legal interests and other rights, protect against fraud or other illegal activities, prevent harm, for risk management purposes, and to comply with our legal obligations.
● With service providers. We share your information with service providers that assist us in providing the Services. These service providers assist us with the following: information technology (“IT”) support; payment processing; payment support; customer relationship management; data synchronization; order fulfillment; invoicing; website hosting; data analysis; customer service; email delivery; text messaging; and similar services.
● For legal purposes. We share your personal information where we are legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders, governmental/regulatory bodies, law enforcement or legal process, including for national security purposes; to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights, as required to enforce our terms of service or other contracts; to defend against legal claims or demands; to detect, investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, or situations involving potential threats to the rights, property, or personal safety of any person; or to comply with the requirements of any applicable law.
YOUR INFORMATION CHOICES
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information:
▪ Correct or View Your Information. You may access your account to correct or view certain personal information you have provided to us and which is associated with your account.
▪ Opt Out of Google Analytics. To prevent your data from being used by Google Analytics, you can download the Google Analytics opt-out browser, which can be accessed here.
▪ Opt Out of Advertising Cookies. All session cookies are temporary and expire after you close your web browser. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. To find out how to see what cookies have been set on your computer or device, and how to reject and delete the cookies, please visit: https://www.aboutcookies.org/. Please note that each web browser is different. To find information relating to your browser, visit the browser developer’s website and mobile application. If you reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent, some features of our website may not function properly. If you choose to opt out, we will place an “opt-out cookie” on your device. The “opt-out cookie” is browser specific and device specific and only lasts until cookies are cleared from your browser or device. The opt-out cookie will not work for essential cookies. If the cookie is removed or deleted, if you upgrade your browser or if you visit us from a different computer, you will need to return and update your preferences. By clicking on the “Opt-Out” links below, you will be directed to the respective third-party website where your computer will be scanned to determine who maintains cookies on you. At that time, you can either choose to opt out of all targeted advertising or you can choose to opt out of targeted advertising by selecting individual companies who maintain a cookie on your machine.
o Association of National Advertisers opt-out registration: https://dmachoice.thedma.org/
o Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) Opt-Out: https://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp
o Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) Opt-Out: https://optout.aboutads.info
o European Union (EU) /European Economic Area (EEA) Opt-Out: http://www.youronlinechoices.eu
▪ Opt Out of Email Tracking. You can disable this tracking by blocking automatic loading of images in your email.
▪ Opt Out of Marketing Communications. You may opt out of receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link provided at the bottom of each email we send. Please note that we will continue to send you notifications necessary to the Services.
DO NOT TRACK
We enable users to view the Website from Do Not Track browsers. Do Not Track is a preference you can set in your web browser to inform websites and mobile applications that you do not want to be tracked. You can enable or disable Do Not Track by visiting the Preferences or Settings page of your web browser.
We utilize third-party cybersecurity providers, including CloudFare and CXS anti-virus to implement and maintain reasonable security measures, such as access controls and encryption, to protect the personal information that we collect and maintain from unauthorized access, destruction, use, modification, or disclosure. However, no security measure or modality of data transmission is 100% secure, and we are unable to guarantee the absolute security of the personal information we have collected from you.
The Website is intended for those age eighteen (18) and above. Those under eighteen (18) years of age may partake in our flight training simulations with prior parental (or guardian) consent. However, we do not collect the personal information of any individuals under the age of eighteen (18) without obtaining parental (or guardian) consent which will be obtained on premises and before we collect any personal information or allow participating in the activity. If we learn that we have collected or received personal information from individuals under the age of eighteen (18) without obtaining prior parental (or guardian) consent, we will delete the personal information. If you believe we have personal information on individuals under the age of eighteen (18), please contact us at the contact information provided below.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We may amend this Privacy Notice in our sole discretion at any time. If we do, we will post the changes to this page, and will indicate the date the changes go into effect. We encourage you to review our Privacy Notice to stay informed. If we make changes that materially affect your privacy rights, we will notify you by prominent posting on the Website and/or via email, and obtain your consent, if required.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding this Privacy Notice, please email us at [email protected].